Sunday, December 2, 2012

I have always admired people who (1) could write, and (2) took the time to do it. This is my feeble attempt to do the same.
How can it be December? Wasn't it summer just a couple of weeks ago? Thanksgiving somehow rushed past us. I participated in a 5K for Second Harvest Food Bank with some friends from church Thanksgiving morning and served with another friend from church at a local homeless shelter that afternoon.
No, I'm not a Thanksgiving Scrooge who avoids celebrating with family and friends. My family has crazy schedules so we ALWAYS celebrate holidays on a day other than the actual date on the calendar. By Thanksgiving, my family had already had our Thanksgiving feast and my sister and nieces had moved on to the next feast on their schedule. That left a free day at home for my husband and me. He worked on a project for church - something he does with most of his free time, and I did something that was on my bucket list. Check!
My husband and I managed to get our tree up and the decorations out during Thanksgiving weekend too. I'm an "early bird" shopper, so we're done with all the things people stress about during the Christmas season. We're ready to relax and enjoy some holiday gatherings. I'm especially ready for the holiday movies. Oh, how I love holiday movies!
So here is my plan for the holiday season: I want to write about all the wonderful things that make the Christmas season so amazing. I want to remind anyone who reads this of why we celebrate. And when they read this, I hope they will find the perspective that shows them that anything they have been troubled by about isn't so distressing.


Isaiah 9:6-7

New International Version (NIV)
For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
    there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
    and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
    with justice and righteousness
    from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
    will accomplish this.

1 comment:

  1. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas came on Pandora while I was reading this:)

    ReplyDelete