Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Cure for the Post Christmas Blahs

Christmas and all the festivities that come with it have come and gone. The neighbors are taking down their decorations. Perhaps, you're thinking as I am, "I promise, I'll put mine away soon!" 
Are you beginning to feel the let down shared with so many that follows the shopping, travel, festivities and excitement of Christmas? I have a suggestion. It may not be a cure-all snake oil, but it can't hurt. 
Write down you blessings. Put them in a notebook, a journal, enter them as a note on your iPhone, or or track it however you choose. Remember to write down the good things that happen in your life. Try it for the next year. You'll be surprised at how many entries you'll have.
Then if you have an off day, or if you have the blahs following a holiday or vacation, you can look back at all the good days you've had. I can't make any guarantees, but If I had money to bet, I'd go for the trifecta on this one. Why, you say? First, you're going to have more blessings to enter in your journal than you think. Second, writing them down gives you a better perspective on your life. Third, reading and remembering your blessings when you have an off day will give you hopefulness and joy. 
At the end of the year, reach through your journal as a reminder of all the blessings you have received. If you're comfortable in doing so, share some of them with a friend or relative. It may inspire them to do the same.


Revelation 21:6-8

New Living Translation (NLT)
And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment