Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Thank You Note

I received an email this morning that said "write one person who has helped you a thank you note". Seems simple enough at first, but the more I ponder the thought, it becomes more difficult to choose one person. 
Out of all the people who have helped you throughout your lifetime, how do you decide which one to choose? And how do you put a lifetime of gratitude into a short note?
I will gladly follow the words of advice in my early morning email, and write note of gratitude to someone in my life. More importantly, I've been reminded that there are many people who have been instrumental in my life, and I'm sure there will be many more to come. This morning's email has reminded me to take time to thank them, one by one.

“In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” 
― Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment