Friday, July 19, 2013

Mick Jagger Said "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

Any Rolling Stones fans out there? I find truth in music so often. I think it's God's way of talking to me - even if he uses the voice of Mick Jagger to speak to me. 

We live in a world that celebrates busyness, and accumulation of "stuff". Before you scoff at me, don't get me wrong, I'm busy and I like "stuff", but I've been reminded this week that people and relationships matter more to God. They should matter more to us too.

So when Mick Jagger sang "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need." Maybe, just maybe, he was referring to relationships, and not things. I imagine that's what God had in mind when Mick sat down with Keith Richard to write those lyrics.


John 15:13

New Living Translation (NLT)
13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment