Tuesday, July 9, 2013

In the Good Ole Summertime

I can't recall ever having a busier summer. I like being busy and, well, God has a sense of humor some times.
My friend Brooke and I travelled from North Carolina to San Marcos, Nicaragua on June 5th to spend a week with our friends the Martin family. After flying over a tropical storm, we arrived safely in Nicaragua with supplies for the Martins, the local preschool, children at two Compassion International projects, and a quicinera.
Our time in Nicaragua was filled with opportunities to work alongside local the local church and local families; meet new friends and visit with friends we had met before. We were also allowed the opportunity to visit two Compassion projects, where we delivered gifts from families who sponsor children there; and we spent time with the children we sponsor and their families. 
We had an amazing week! If you would like to learn more about the Martin family, their local church and their projects in Nicaragua, go to https://www.facebook.com/ImpactNica?ref=ts&fref=ts or http://condestinoanicaragua.blogspot.com/


Less than three days after we returned to  the States, Brooke and I, along with several other student ministry leaders and 110 students left NC for Daytona Beach, Florida and BigStuf Camp. There was great music at camp, as always, including David Crowder. We heard Jon Acuff and Bob Goff speak about the amazing possibilities before each of us, if we're willing to step out in faith. 
On Thursday, the day before we returned home, 14 people from our group were baptized in the ocean - including two siblings, and a young lady and her dad. There's something special about seeing families baptized together, and it's even more special when you witness baptisms in the enormity of  the ocean.


And now, well, that's where God's sense of humor comes into play. I'm participating in #startexp. I'll explain later...


Isaiah 41:13

New Living Translation (NLT)
 For I hold you by your right hand—
    I, the Lord your God.
And I say to you,
    ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment